I have to admit I meant to get this post out a LONG TIME AGO, however, I had a baby who is currently four weeks old and he’s been taking up any and all free time to blog. I’m actually rocking him in my chair right now(total mom move), but thought what the hell I should probably get used to my hands being full, so here is goes. Below I’ve put together a list of my must haves for summer 2017 and want to share it with you all.
If you are at all like me and dress according to your mood then you’ll be able to appreciate this list. I totally think having an array of mix and match items for summer(or every season for that matter) is truly something we can all appreciate. Consider adding some of these things into your wardrobe for a fun, easy, eclectic summer collection.
1. Mules! The shoe of the season and my new faves. Some refer to them as slides and you can call them whatever the hell you want as long as you’ve got a pair or four in your shoe collection. I personally love the block heeled mule(which are super wearable even when 8 months pregnant), but you can find them in pumps, flats, brightly colored, textured, crossover strapped, beaded, fringed, etc. There’s literally every type of mule you can think of which makes the trend easy for anyone to rock. I hope this trend sticks around for a long…long while.
2. Fun pair of Sunnies. This is such an easy way to complete the look of any summer outfit. My husband is probably going to shoot me if I buy another pair of shades, but I just can’t help myself. From caged to cat eye, over sized to mirrored I’ve got them all and for good reason. Sometimes, you just need that last accessory to make your outfit come together and a good pair of sunglasses can do just that. If you have trouble with losing them or easily breaking them like myself you really don’t have to spend a fortune. There’s tons of places to get amazing sunnies for decent prices. Check out some of these sites for super affordable trendy sunglasses for all your summer outings.
3. Slogan Tees. This is one of my favorite summer trends for 2017 and I couldn’t be happier about it. The thing about slogan tees is there’s pretty much no right or wrong way to wear it. You can easily toss one on with a pair of jeans and white sneakers or style it with a skirt, dress or even some trousers. Tie a knot in one and make it a crop top, or buy a larger size and wear it as a dress. There’s literally tons of different ways to pull a quick look together with a graphic or slogan tee. Don’t be afraid to try this trend out, here’s a few looks anyone can pull off.
4. A cool bag. So, this might be something you already have(you may even have several(I know I do). If you do, keep them somewhere accessible because it’ll be a go to this summer. Even more so then a good pair of sunnies, a good bag is essential in both completing a summer look and adding that extra element to your get up. Weather it be a mini bag, a tote or cross body don’t be afraid to add something really fun to accompany your outfit. A bright pompom, tassel or some cool patches can take your bag to the next level. Don’t shy away from being eclectic in your bag choice. Check these babies out.
5. Bralettes. Now, as a curvy woman who’s just had a baby I was a bit hesitant to put this on the must have list, but I’ve been able to wear a bralette with a lot of different looks and always feel super sexy in one, so I’m totally into it. Although lacy bralettes are my favorite, you can find them in many different styles and can pair them with anything. Wear one alone or under a tee, with a pair of jeans, trousers, a romper or even pair with some joggers for a relaxed Sunday look. And yes, even my big breasted babes can wear these(I’m a DD and rock the shit out of them)…confidence trumps all, so pick up a bralette and pair it with your fave skirt of shorts and show the girls off mmmmkkkkkkk. If you got it, flaunt it(snaps fingers three times).
6. White sneakers. This is a no brainer this season. Besides the fact that white sneakers are totally on trend, they literally go with everything. I have a few different pairs, but a really versatile pair would be a simple flat slip on that you can pair with jeans, dresses or work out gear. Maybe even try something with a bit more height like the platform sneaker. I love these because i’m short, but also because they look fucking awesome with anything.
7. Exposed shoulders. I loooove this so much. Lets be honest, there’s a lot of exposed skin during the summer months, but baring your shoulders is not only sexy, its classy and completely on trend for this season. You can pretty much walk into any store(or shop online like everyone else) and find a wide range of shoulder baring tops for really decent prices. I personally am head over heels for anything with frills, fringe or a good cutout. Give. It. To. Me.
8. Shirt Dresses. The most effortless way to rock a put together look in any style. I have a few shirt dresses ranging from rocker chic to classic romantic, white and a few in between. These are my go to dresses when I can’t decide what to wear or have to be somewhere in a hot minute. I love a good band t-shirt dress for a summer night out paired with a hot pair of heels and some layered jewelry. You can also do a frilly casual dress with a pair of white sneaks for an impromptu brunch date or spontaneous day out with the girls. Go ahead and add a shirt dress to your wardrobe this summer, I promise you wont’t regret it.
I hope you guys liked this list of summer must haves. If you have any comments or thoughts please leave a comment below and lets chat.